Effective date: 30th October, 2018
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from various sources, including:
- Directly from you, at your direction or with your consent
- In connection with your use of the Services (e.g., via apps and devices you connect to the Services)
- From our vendors, partners and other sources, including online and offline data
- From other platforms that you may use to engage with us
- Automatically, from devices that you use to connect to our website and app
Type of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Information collected from you such as email address, postal address, phone number and demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, and post code or zip code. If you create an account, we may collect additional information such as your profile picture and any information you choose to provide, including health-related information and session notes.
- Information about your team such as family members, teachers, caregivers, and other people who participate in your child’s care.
- Information we collect automatically such as details about apps and devices used to access our Services (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information). We may also collect certain information about the use of our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies.
From time to time, we may use or augment the personal information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use such third party information to confirm contact information or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
What Happens If You Do Not Provide Your Personal Information To Us?
If you do not provide personal information that we request or require in connection with the Services or our business functions and activities, we may not be able to provide the Services to you, or be able to respond to an enquiry or a complaint or be able to assist you in other ways. For example, we also may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to operate our Services. We also collect, hold, use and disclose the information to:
- Communicate with you about our Services
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments, create quick notes and session reports, track milestones and add calendar appointments
- Connect you with other caregivers and your team
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails, messages and notifications have been received and read)
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research
- Respond to requests, questions and comments
- Provide you with newsletters, articles, announcements, invitations and other information about products and health topics
- Based on your consent to receive e-mails, messages, notifications or phone calls, we will send you communications about features or services related Services, as well as upcoming clinical trials, research, patient education, or other services relevant to you
- Enable you to connect with third parties or use third party sharing functionality such as third party social media widgets/tools/buttons
- To validate your ability to access or use certain Services or content within the app (e.g., certain parts of the Services are may be for healthcare practitioners only)
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests)
We may also aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
Below are the legal grounds which we rely to process personal information:
- Legitimate Interest. Rockmelon has a legitimate interest to process the personal information that we collect, such as to develop, administer and support Services; to operate, evaluate and improve our business; to facilitate your use of the Services and other advocacy and engagement programs; to promote scholarly research; to support our learning development activities; or to facilitate a sale of assets or merger or acquisition.
- Establish, exercise or defend against fraud, illegal activity, and claims and other liabilities.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Your consent. If we rely on your consent for the processing of your personal information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your personal information. For information on how to withdraw consent, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect:
- Within our company and to our affiliates
- With service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, including for the purposes of operating our website and apps, assisting us to perform business functions and operations, and for fulfilling requests by you. Those service providers could include web hosting providers, app hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- With select partners we may collaborate with
- With your consent and at your direction
- When you voluntarily provide content that content will be shared with other users -remember to only share content you are comfortable sharing
We may also disclose personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend our rights or property, protect the safety of our users or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
Our Platform is for use only by those over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use our Platform. The condition under which we process information of children below the age of 18 is only with your consent on behalf of your child. We only use the information that you provide about your child to deliver the services that you have requested.
Your Rights And Choices
We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
- Access and correction of your personal information: You may access the information we maintain about you by submitting a request to us using the contact details below. If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business, in a commonly used format. You may request access to correct any errors in your personal information. We may reject your request to access or correct personal information, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
All individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information as described above. However, individuals in certain jurisdictions, such as in the European Union, may have certain additional rights and choices regarding the our processing of personal information. Those additional rights and choices are:
- Portability of your personal information: Under certain conditions, you may request that we transfer your personal information to another entity in the format in which we maintain it in the ordinary course of business. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
- Deletion of personal information: You may request that we delete your personal information. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, Rockmelon may be required by legal other reasons to retain your personal information in its business records. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
- Objection to processing of personal information. You may have the right to object to our processing of data about you. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
- Withdrawal of consent: If Rockmelon relies on your consent for the processing of your personal information, we will obtain your consent at the time we collect your personal information. To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply these preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that Rockmelon may no longer be able to provide you with services or information about programming or initiatives that may be of interest to you.
Please contact us using the contact details below if you would like to exercise any of these rights or request more information.
Please note that residents of the European Economic Area also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of their member state.
Cookies and Advertising
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our websites and apps by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. We may also collect information about online activities over time and across third-party websites.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- URLs that refer users to our website
- Search terms used to reach our website
- Details about the devices that are used to access our website (such as IP address, browser type, and operating system information)
- Details about users’ interaction with our website (such as the date, time, frequency, and length of visits, and specific pages accessed during the visits)
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
International Data Transfers
We may transfer personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that the European Commission has deemed to adequately safeguard personal information, in which case no additional safeguards are required in order to transfer this information. If we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will either transfer it subject to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield, or Binding Corporate Rules, or with your consent to the transfer, unless we are permitted by law to transfer personal information without such formalities.
How We Protect Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Despite such efforts, however, please note that no organization can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
Content Submitted by You
Some features of the Services allow you to post content on our website, app or social media pages, such as photos. Content that you provide may be shared publicly or with other users or third parties.
We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either anonymize the information or securely destroy the information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like information identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties, please submit a written request to us using the contact details below.
If you have a complaint, we will investigate it, and provide a response to you within a reasonable time, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In some cases, we may need to ask you to put your complaint in writing so that we are sure that we understand it, and may also need to ask you for further information or to verify your identity. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will treat your complaint confidentially and respond to you within a reasonable time, usually in writing.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, please contact us. Alternatively, you have the right to complaint to the privacy regulator in your country.
Post: Rockmelon Pty Ltd, The Studio, Level 6, 11-31 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000
If you’d like further information about Rockmelon, our products or just want to ask us a question, we’d love to hear from you.